Palo Santo, translates to ‘holy wood’ where its energy purification properties have been known and recognized for thousands of years.
Today Palo Santo is still used by many for its cleansing and healing properties, to release negative energies and negative thoughts and feelings. The smoke provides an uplifting scent that calms the mind and raises your vibration in preparation for meditation, providing a deeper spiritual connection.
By repeating your intention in the form of an affirmation, mantra or prayer, either aloud or in your own mind throughout the ritual, you can shift the energy to release negativity and manifest positive changes.
Palo Santo is commonly used for:
- Crystal cleansing
- Inspiring creativity and bringing love and good fortune
- Energetic protection and the removal of negativity
- Calming the mind and mental ailments
- Be careful with Palo Santo when it’s lit. If you aren’t careful, burns and even fire is
possible. Have water nearby
- Never leave burning Palo Santo sticks unattended. Make sure to put your stick out completely after every use.
- DO NOT use wood, paper, rubber, or anything flammable for catching the
ash of the stick.
- Try not to inhale the smoke directly; this may harm your lungs.
- People with asthma and other respiratory conditions may be more sensitive to the
smoke and have adverse reactions.
- This process may set off your smoke alarm. Either moderate your smoke-spreading,
or avoid rooms with smoke detectors.
- Keep the Palo Santo sticks away from children, pets, and flammable objects.
Disclaimer: We at Selene Crystals cannot give out medical advice. Healing crystals should not be used as a replacement for medical treatment, diagnosis or examination. For medical advice, please consult a licenced health care professional.